We are looking for someone who has the drive, passion and skills to work at our three form entry, Primary academy based in Portsmouth. Our school is a friendly, welcoming place with children who are full of energy and life. Learning is at the heart of what we do and we believe that all children enjoy their time at school. We would like a teacher with recent experience of working within a Primary setting to join our friendly team to provide maternity cover.
We can offer you:
- Children and parents who will welcome you and appreciate all of your hard work
- Support from a vast network of senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our trust
- Regular opportunity to meet and share best practice with the other schools within our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning - proven to enhance classroom practice
- Team of friendly, dedicated and hardworking staff and governors
- Outstanding CPD opportunities, particularly through the New Horizons Teaching School’s alliance, which also offers a great support network for our staff
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
Our children would like a teacher who:
- Teaches us new things and makes it fun!
- Will listen if we need to talk to somebody
- Has high expectations of us
- Is supportive and understands when we struggle with our learning
- Has good sense of humour!
We want to employ teachers who are great team members. You will be an aspiring leader of learning and be happy to grasp exciting opportunities and contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our new school. Our school is set in a large Victorian building, with high ceilings and plenty of space. We have a large hall and a large playground.
As part of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we benefit from working cohesively as a family of schools for the benefit of our children, and for the adults who work here too. TSAT supports with planning, trips, events, CPD and much more to ensure that all of our teachers are fully supported, enabling them to ensure that they can deliver the best learning that we can offer.
Our mission is to “transform life chances”; at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust we believe education has the power to change lives and children only have one chance to get this right. To ensure all our academies focus on our mission, school leaders translated our mission to core values that would be demonstrated and evident in all our Academies:
Child First, Aspire, Challenge, Achieve
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our Primary School, benefiting from a large support network and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed; please contact Kim Broadbent to book a no-pressure tour of the school and to meet some of our staff. We also encourage any early applications and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we suitable candidate is found.
Interview date: w.c. 26th February
TSAT is committed to safe recruitment procedures and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments to this post are subject to an enhanced DBS check and Children’s Barred List check.