Oasis Academy Don Valley are looking to appoint an outstanding Classroom Teacher to cover for maternity leave for 1 year in the first instance.
- To carry out professional duties and to have responsibility for an assigned class.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day work and management of the class and the safety and welfare of the pupils, during on-site and off-site activities.
- To promote the aims and objectives of the academy and maintain its philosophy of education.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To create and manage a caring, supportive, purposeful and stimulating environment, which is conducive to children’s learning.
- To plan and prepare lessons in order to deliver the curriculum and bespoke academy curriculum, ensuring breadth and balance in all subjects.
- To plan and deliver a creative, responsive and appropriate curriculum for the profile of learners in your class.
- To identify clear teaching objectives and learning outcomes, with appropriate challenge and high expectations.
- To rigorously develop basic skills in Language and Mathematics, ensuring rapid progress is made in these areas.
- To maintain good order and discipline among the pupils, safeguarding their health and safety.
- To organise and manage groups or individual pupils ensuring differentiation of learning meets the needs of all children.
- To plan opportunities to develop the social, emotional and cultural aspects of children’s learning.
- To support inwardly mobile pupils through baseline assessment, knowledge of children records and appropriate pastoral and teaching support.
- To maintain a regular system of monitoring, assessment, record keeping and reporting of children’s progress.
- To prepare appropriate records for the transfer of pupils.
- To ensure effective use of support staff within the classroom, including parent helpers.
- To participate in staff meetings as required.
- Contribute to the development and co-ordination of a particular area of the curriculum.
- To be part of a whole academy team, actively involved in decision-making on the preparation and development of policies and programmes of study, teaching materials, resources, methods of teaching and pastoral arrangements.
- To ensure that academy policies are reflected in daily practice.
- To communicate and consult with parents over all aspects of their children’s education – academic, social and emotional.
- To liaise with outside agencies when appropriate e.g. Educational Psychologist.
- To meet individual needs of all groups of pupils.
- To continue professional development, maintaining a portfolio of training undertaken.
- To meet with parents and appropriate agencies, to contribute positively to the education of the children concerned.
- To support the Principal and Head of Primary Phase in promoting the ethos of the Academy.
- To promote the welfare of children and to support the academy in safeguarding children though relevant policies and procedures.
- To promote equality as an integral part of the role and to treat everyone with fairness and dignity.
- To recognise health and safety is a responsibility of every employee, to take reasonable care of self and others and to comply with the Academy’s Health and Safety policy and any academy-specific procedures / rules that apply to this role.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role
For further information or to arrange a visit, please contact Beverley Eaton on 0114 2200 403 or by email at Beverley.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is: Friday 26th January 2018, 12:00pm
Interviews will take place on: w/c Monday 29th January 2018
Safeguarding children and young people
Oasis is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
The above responsibilities are subject to the general duties and responsibilities contained in the Statement of Conditions of Employment.
The duties of this post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or level of responsibility entailed.