Kingfisher School is a unique, friendly and successful school in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. We are a special school providing high quality education for children and young adults aged 2-19 years who have severe, profound and complex needs including autism.
Would you like to join our happy and caring school where teaching and therapies combine to support the development of each child? We are looking for an enthusiastic, inspirational and creative teacher to join our happy and caring team. Kingfisher is a place where every child has an aspirational and personalised education programme that ensures they receive an exceptional opportunity to succeed.
Due to expansion, opportunities have arisen for aspiring teachers to work within The Propeller Academy Trust which includes Kingfisher School in Abingdon, Fitzwaryn School in Wantage and Abingdon and Witney College. Based at Kingfisher School and working closely with the Headteacher, SLT and existing teachers and TAs, you will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development of outstanding SEN provision across the Trust for children and young adults aged 2-25yrs with complex learning needs.
The successful candidate will:
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills
- Be creative in their planning to teach our pupils with a range of SEN
- Be an energetic, hardworking and motivated professional who is ambitious and shares our drive to achieve outstanding provision for our very special children and young people
- Be committed to meeting the individual learning needs of our diverse group of pupils
- Be passionate about working in partnership with parents and other stakeholders
- Be self-motivated, dynamic and have the ability to both challenge and support colleagues
- Understand how an outstanding education can support pupils and their families
- A welcoming, inspiring and highly skilled Senior Leadership Team
- A dedicated, talented and hardworking staf
- A supportive, knowledgeable and committed local group of governors
- An outstanding body of parents and carers
- Access to a wide network of outstanding professionals across the Trust
- And most importantly; an incredibly warm, hospitable and fun loving group of children and young people who are inspirational and a delight to work with and for
Visits are encouraged, please contact the school office to arrange a suitable time and for an application pack.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing Date: 9am, Friday 27th April