This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a team that will further support the high quality provision across our school. The provision supports children who need a more personalised educational experience within a mainstream setting. The provision is tailored environment that supports children with a range of learning and physical needs including giving them the opportunity to feel part of the wider school.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is an innovative, passionate and well qualified SEND Teacher with the ability to create a nurturing learning environment and meet Teacher Standards.
• Is experienced in working with young people with Additional Educational Needs.
• Is confident in assessing and teaching children with special educational needs.
• Has proven themselves to be an inspirational teacher, calm in nature, approachable and flexible.
• Is empathetic and sensitive to differing viewpoints.
• Has a commitment to inclusion and inclusive practice.
• Has ambitious expectations and standards with regard to themselves and the children.
• Has a commitment to working as part of an effective team.
• Has the ability to communicate effectively with children, parents, colleagues and other stakeholders.
• Has the ability to work in a way that promotes the health, safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
• Is open minded to the use of technology in assisting with the education of children.
• Is comfortable using technology to communicate with parents, staff and school leadership.
We will offer you:
• Supportive SLT, parents, wonderful children and hard-working staff.
• A very happy school.
• SEN allowance.
• A range of medical training to meet the vast and complex needs of the children.
We are a supportive team, committed and hard working. We have a first class Forest School; beautiful grounds, a highly successful steel band and a commitment to the Arts. If you think you would like to be part of our team, then please arrange a visit and apply online.
The school’s ultimate aim is to ensure that all children leave well prepared for secondary school – this agenda is addressed by prioritising both well-being and learning. All children are taught phonics through the Read Write Inc. scheme and additional investments have been made in high quality guided reading, writing and numeracy resources. In addition, there is a range of extra-curricular activities and a variety of opportunities to develop a broad and enriching learning experience for all pupils.
High expectations are made of all pupils to achieve and attain the very best outcomes and visitors to the school often comment on its focused yet enjoyable learning environment. Strong community links and a supportive parent/carer body contribute to the school’s journey to provide an outstanding provision for all.
Further details about the requirements of the post can be found in the accompanying recruitment pack.
To get an insight into James Dixon School, please visit https://www.jamesdixon.bromley.sch.uk/
To get an insight into Swale Academies Trust, please visit https://www.swale.at/
Interested applicants are welcome to contact Kevin Minnott, Head of School, for an informal discussion regarding the post firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 020 87786101.
Completed applications should be sent to Thanh Ly, Administration Officer email@example.com. Please note, we cannot accept CVs.
If you experience any difficulty in completing the application form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01795 426091 (option 2).
In accordance with current GDPR compliance we will not keep any details/application forms on file once the position is filled.
Date of Interview: 14th December 2021
Swale Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from ROA and will require an enhanced DBS disclosure.