The Village School, is a Community multi-cultural/multi faith Special School with a current roll of 277 children and young people aged 2 to 19 with C L D D (Complex Learning Difficulties & Disabilities) some of whom may have challenging behaviour.
We are seeking to appoint motivated and talented teachers from Reception to KS5 who have proven experience of working with pupils with C L D D. The school is committed to providing the highest quality provision for all its pupils and places a strong emphasis on developing functional communication and skills for life through an individualized curriculum. You must have a willingness to work with students up to the age of 19 and have a sound knowledge of how to assess SEND pupils and track progress in detail, a passion for child centred working and holistic provision, an understanding of positive behaviour support and proven ability as an effective SEND classroom practitioner.
What do we want from you?
• The children want an excellent practitioner, who is interested in developing their well-being as well as their learning
• Someone who is creative and reflective in their teaching
• An approachable and open communicator with a good understanding and commitment to inclusion
• The staff want a colleague who is supportive, experienced and committed to raising standards
• The Headteacher expects teachers to be committed to improving outcomes for all pupils, who can inspire pupils to be the best that they can be.
What we can offer you in return?
• Enthusiastic, friendly children and staff.
• Committed, hardworking colleagues
. • Quality continuing professional development.
• State of the Art facilities
• Research and development opportunities and involvement
• To be part of an ever improving outstanding school and an inclusive divers community
Application Packs are available from the school office 0208 2045396 or on our website www.tvs.brent.sch.uk
Closing date: 23rd June 2017
Interviews: Week commencing 3rd July 2017
The Village School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and the expectation is that all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure.