Primary purpose of role
We have a current part-time vacancy for 3 hours per day Monday to Friday. This is a term-time only role and may include some Saturday morning work, on a rota.
The applicant should be able to work unsupervised and plan work in terms of time and materials, in order to maximise efficiency. Cleaners should ensure that good Health & Safety practices are followed at all times and should be discreet, with initiative and able to get on well with the other members of staff.
Specific responsibilities will vary for each designated area but the following is a list of the core responsibilities:
• Thoroughly cleaning areas to the required specification, as directed, using correct techniques and cleaning equipment
• Safe removal of litter and waste to allocated disposal points, taking particular care with liquids, broken glass or other substances, which may be unsafe to other staff or pupils
• Locking and unlocking windows and doors as directed
• Undertaking training in use of methods, materials and equipment
• Working safely using correct warning signs, protective clothing and safety equipment, being mindful of hazards to other staff and pupils
• Compliance with the Health & Safety practices of the School
• Replenishing supplies of toiletries, plastic bags etc., as directed
• Ensuring all containers of cleaning agents are correctly labelled before use and are used safely and in compliance with the manufacturer’s written instructions
• Ensuring that all chemicals are securely stored and locked away when not in use Emptying vacuum cleaners and buffer vacuum bags at the end of each session
• Cleaning and checking all equipment used after use, checking cables for wear and tear and storing away in a suitable safe area. Notifying Marshals of any faults found
• Ensure mops, cloths etc., are washed and left to dry as appropriate at the end of each session
• Reporting immediately to the Marshals any defective electrical sockets, faulty lighting, damage etc., in the cleaning area
• Ensuring Marshals are aware of low stock levels of materials and equipment for which the cleaner is responsible
• Assisting in keeping chemicals and cleaning materials and equipment storage areas in a clean and tidy condition
• Covering on a rota basis for absent colleagues when required, which may involve some change in hours/times.
Working hours will vary from position to position, but staff can all expect to be asked to be available for occasional events and to “spring clean” at the end of each term.
£9.02 per hour
For further details please see the attached job description and to apply, please visit our School website vacancies page.