Sheffield Springs Academy is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
Sheffield Springs Academy are currently looking to recruit a Cleaner. The post holder will join a friendly and efficient team under the supervision of the Cleaning Supervisor to undertake a full range of cleaning duties using domestic and industrial cleaning equipment to ensure all areas of the Academy are maintained to a high-quality standard.
The successful candidate will be required to work 16:00 – 19:00 (Mon-Fri) during term time. The working pattern may be variable during school holidays, subject to negotiation.
General duties and responsibilities:
- Clean floor space in teaching, communal and office areas using appropriate techniques and equipment e.g. mops, sweeps, spray cleans, machine scrub, dry, buff and suction clean.
- Clean all internal surface areas e.g. walls, windows, work surfaces and floors using appropriate techniques, equipment and materials e.g. washing; dusting; damp wiping; polishing and cleaning.
- Empty waste paper bins and removes waste to a designated area.
Relevant Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to use, clean and maintain a full range of industrial and domestic cleaning equipment and materials.
- Good understanding of the operational practices and working methods and work schedules involved.
- Understanding and awareness of the related Health & Safety issues associated with cleaning materials, equipment and premises.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to maintain appropriate levels of security in all working areas.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and part of a team.
- Previous experience of working within an education setting would be advantageous but not essential.
No previous experience necessary as full training will be provided, please see the attached job description for full details.
Please apply online by clicking on the following link: https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/1848003?cid=1567&rsid=0&js=0&LinkType=1&FromSearch=False
Where support is better shared
Closing date: Tuesday 21st January 2020 at 12noon.
Interviews: To take place the following week.
Alternatively, please contact Lawrence.firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish for a paper based application pack to be sent to your home address.
Sheffield Springs Academy is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.