We are seeking a confident and enthusiastic Administrator looking for a wide ranging, challenging and satisfying part time, flexible career. Applications are especially welcome from well organised and efficient individuals who are able to balance a busy and varied workload over-seeing the administrative functions of our school’s governance team, with due regard to legislation and statutory practice guidance.
Hours can be worked remotely and flexibly, as agreed with the Chair of Governors and the school, however, attendance at after school and evening meetings will be required. These meetings are currently held online due to COVID-19 but may be held at school in the future.
Knowledge of the clerking process would be a distinct advantage, however, is not essential, as training can be provided where needed.
The successful candidate should be confident in demonstrating:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, maintaining confidentiality at all times
• Excellent IT skills and the ability to use Microsoft Office applications at a professional level, particularly Word and Excel
• A passion for accuracy and attention to detail with excellent organisational skills
• The ability to build and maintain professional working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and personnel
• A flexible and proactive attitude.
Why you should join Saint Gregory’s:
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable place in the world and the contribution that you bring to our school deserves its own rewards. As a member of our team, you can expect:
• Outstanding professional support to help you develop your career
• A vibrant and dynamic student body that deserves the very best in teaching and support
• A rewarding and dynamic job role making a real, lasting and positive impact
• A positive and innovative learning culture where well-being and workload are effectively managed
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
For an open conversation about the role please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Mrs Gormley, on 01225 838200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a suitable time (NB messages will not be monitored over the Christmas break).
Further information on this vacancy, including a full application pack is available at https://www.st-gregorys.org.uk/2020/12/vacancy-clerk-to-governors/
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We follow safer recruitment practices and appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check. Details of our CP Policy can be found on our website at www.st-gregorys.org.uk/useful-information/key-documents.
Saint Gregory's Catholic College
Bath and North East Somerset
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years