Aldridge Education are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Clerk to the Governors to provide advice to the Governing Body on governance, constitutional and procedural matters for their Portslade Aldridge Community Academy, Brighton Aldridge Community Academy and Aldridge Adult Learning.
There will be a total of 18 planned LGC meetings per academic year plus additional meetings e.g. exclusions and/or appeals, as necessary.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:-
- Preparation, typing and distribution of agendas and associated paperwork
- Accurate note taking and typing up of minutes at Governor meetings as well as any working parties
- Maintaining accurate records of the Governing Body and its membership and updating DfE records
- Initiate recruitment process for appointing new Governors and sending out welcome packs
- Advising the Governing Body on procedural issues, legal responsibilities and constitutional matters
- Policy preparation, maintenance, and distribution to staff and Governors
Knowledge of how schools and governing bodies operate would be an advantage along with previous experience of similar work.
A copy of the job description and person specification can be found on the Aldridge website at http://aldridgeeducation.org/about-us/our-people/vacancies/clerk-to-the-governors
Please do not hesitate to contact Mr Dylan Moorcraft should you require any further information.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you are interested in this role, please submit a CV with a covering letter for the attention of Dylan Moorcraft, Human Resources SE Cluster Manager via email at Dylan.Moorcraft@aldridgeeducation.org
Deadline for applications: 11th December 2019
Interviews: week commencing 16th December 2019