Clerk to Governors
Salary: Salary scale 7 Point 29 (£15.61per hour)
Required as soon as possible.
Hours: To be worked flexible
The Governing Body is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated administrator to the post of Clerk to the Governors.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:-
• Preparation, typing and distribution of agendas and associated paperwork
• Taking of and typing of minutes at the Full and Committee Governor meetings as well as any working parties
• Maintaining accurate records of the Governing Body and its membership
• Attending termly clerk briefings
• Advising the Governing Body on procedural issues, legal responsibilities and constitutional matters
• Advising the Governing Body on training opportunities.
A willingness to work flexible hours is required as the workload is variable. Hours need to be worked at times convenient to the Governing body and will include evening meetings and may include morning meetings.
Knowledge of how schools and governing bodies operate would be an advantage along with previous experience of similar work but training can be provided.
We have a clear commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service. Further information can be found at www.gov.uk.
Please download an application pack from the school website www.mountcarmel.ealing.sch.uk or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further details and application packs are available from the school website or from the office, please send sae or collect. Visits to the school are welcomed. Please telephone to make an appointment with Mrs Hepper. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email. The school reserves the right to meet early applicants before the closing date.
Closing date: Thursday 17th January 2019
Interview date: Tuesday 22nd January 2019