We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic clerk to our LGB. This flexible part-time role involves working closely with the Headteacher and Chair to ensure the smooth and effective running of the LGB.
Role: Clerk to LGB
Location: Marden Vale CE Academy, Calne SN11 9BD
Hours: Part time 2.5 hrs per week
Contact: Gemma Sadd
Closing Date: 11th December 2017
Start Date: January 2018
The successful applicant will:
- Have excellent administrative, ICT and literacy skills
- Be organised, resourceful and respect confidentiality when necessary
- Be able to work flexible hours; attending governing body meetings (two evenings per term) with other hours to suit home-working
- Be self-motivated and willing to attend training and development
Your responsibilities will include
- Advising the LGB on legislation, procedure and best practice
- Facilitating the effective administration of meetings
- Maintaining an accurate and concise record of LGB business
- Managing a record of LGB membership, training and interests
- Undertaking appropriate and regular training for personal development
- Additional duties as required including election of parent and staff members
Knowledge of how schools and governing bodies operate would be an advantage along with previous experience of similar work.
Marden Vale CE Academy is an improving primary school with one rule: we all look after each other.
As a member of the Diocese of Salisbury Academy Trust we can offer a hardworking and enthusiastic team within the school. There are opportunities for support, training and networking with Clerks across the Trust.
Marden Vale CE Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our school values the diversity of our workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. The successful candidate will be required to have a DBS check in line with the Government’s safer recruitment guidelines.
For more details please see our website. If you are interested in this position and would like to have a more detailed conversation before making the decision to apply for the post, please give us a call on 01249 813505 or email email@example.com. We encourage visits to our academies.