Do you demonstrate a wide range of administrative skills and always aim to ACHIEVE a high standard in your work? Do you BELIEVE you are well organised, confident and approachable? Can you help CREATE a successful plan for the future through providing advice to the governing body whilst upholding our core purpose and values?
The Governors are seeking to appoint a well-organised and reliable clerk to provide effective and confidential administrative support to the governing body as well as providing advice on governance, constitutional and procedural matters. St. Peter’s is a vibrant, welcoming and supportive village school.
You will be able to offer:
· Effective administrative support to the governing body and its committees
· Guidance ensuring the governing body constitution is correct
· Effective management of information in accordance with legal requirements
We are seeking someone who is:
· Able to maintain clear records, preparing and circulating agendas and associated paperwork
· Confident taking minutes at meetings, liaising with governors and school staff, and working with the Chair to maintain the smooth and efficient running of the governing body
· Forward thinking so as to ensure that all relevant documentation is circulated well in advance
· Prepared to work flexibly and electronically
A large proportion of the role is expected to be completed from home. The workload is variable as governors may need additional meetings from time to time. The successful applicant is expected to organise and plan their time efficiently around the governors’ requirements and school calendar.
St. Peter's is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment. We are an equal opportunities employer. The post is subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service and qualifications check. Closing date for applications Wednesday 22nd November 2017
School visits are actively encouraged, please contact the School Secretary, Gina Griffin, on 01444 892314 for more information. Application and Safer Recruiting forms, together with your letter of application, should be sent or emailed to email@example.com