Clerk to the Governing Body
Grade 7 - £11.27 - £12.41 per hour
Required as soon as possible
The de Ferrers Trust currently has 4 academies, each with their own Local Governing Body. As such we are currently looking to recruit support for the Trust to Clerk those Local Governing Bodies.
The Clerk's main role is to provide professional clerking services to the Local Governing Body, Pay Committee and any panels. You will:
• Provide a full clerking service to the Local Governing Body;
• Be able to take accurate minutes from your own notes and then produce well-presented minutes for distribution;
• Collate and distribute agendas and associated paperwork in advance of meetings;
• Be available to take minutes at a minimum of 15 meetings throughout the year. Meetings will normally take place in the evenings;
• Provide procedural and legal advice and guidance;
• Maintain accurate records.
Experience is desirable but not essential as training will be provided. Candidates must be competent in the use of a word processor, email and internet and will ideally have access to a computer.
Preparation and attendance for evening meetings will be payable on an hourly rate.
For further information about the role, please contact Tammy Pyszky on 01283 239961.
To apply for this role, please complete a support staff application form. This can be accessed via the Trust’s website.
Please note completed applications should be received by 9:00 am on the closing date.
Closing date: Wednesday 14 December 2016
This Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and this position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.