Ash Manor School is a successful 11–16 mixed comprehensive judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in its most recent inspection and is now on a journey to becoming outstanding. We require a Clerk to the Governing Body that will provide the governing body with procedural advice in carrying out its statutory obligations, and administrative support in fulfilling its strategic functions. In addition to this you will be required to minute meetings and undertake routine correspondence on behalf of the governing body and its Chairman.
- To liaise with the Chairman of Governors and the Headteacher to prepare agendas, circulate papers and convene meetings of the Governing Body in accordance with Statutory Regulations.
- To attend meetings of the Governing Body, and such of its committees as required, to take and prepare draft minutes and to ensure that meetings are conducted within the relevant legal framework.
- Agreed minutes are distributed to members of the governing body and to other parties in accordance with legislation (e.g. Data Protection) and LA policies.
- To maintain records of membership of the governing body and a register of members’ interests in line with statutory requirements.
In return we will offer you:
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise student achievement even further.
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment.
- Opportunities for further professional development .
- Child Care Voucher Scheme.
- Extra-curricular sporting facilities for staff.
- A caring and supportive working environment within a vibrant school community.
For further information and to apply please visit our website www.ashmanorschool.com/vacancies Please download an application form and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position will close as soon as a suitable field of candidates is achieved.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for this role.