The Trustees are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, dedicated and forward thinking Clerk to join us at an exciting phase in our development. In December 2017, Ratton School formed a multi-academy trust (MAT), the South Downs Learning Trust, with Ocklynge Junior School. The vision for the new MAT is to develop outstanding provision for all children.
The Clerk will work with 3 distinct governance groups –
1. The Trust Board for the SDLT.
2. The Ocklynge Local Governing Board.
3. The Ratton Local Governing Board.
The main purpose of the Clerk’s role is to:
· Provide professional advice to the Trust Board and Local Governing Committees on governance, constitutional and procedural matters.
· Provide effective administrative support to the Trust Board and Local Governing Committees including minute taking and convening meetings.
· Ensure the Trust Board and Local Governing Committees are properly constituted.
· Manage all Trust Board and Local Governing Committees information effectively in accordance with legal requirements.
· Provide support to the Trust Board and Local Governing Committees in order to meet all of their statutory duties.
The successful applicant will need to be flexible as the post requires a combination of regular working hours and some evening work across the calendar year. The Trust will support the successful applicant to develop their skills which will include access to the Clerk’s Accreditation Programme. Pay is on LPSSS Grade 7, point 19 = £21,463 gross (pro rata).