School: Ysgol Emrys ap Iwan Cluster of Schools
(Namely Ysgol St Elfod; Ysgol Glan Gele; Ysgol Maes Owen;
Ysgol Y Foryd; Ysgol St George; Ysgol Llanfair TH)
Salary Range: G08 Pt 36
Hours: 37 hours per week – Term Time Only plus 10 additional days.
Full Time Salary: £31,601.00
Actual Salary: £27,754.19
Reports to: Headteachers Management Group
Ysgol Emrys ap Iwan Cluster of Schools wishes to appoint an enthusiastic, committed and inspirational individual to join our highly supportive team of non-teaching staff.
Main purposes of the job:
1. Job Purpose:
- To contribute to raising achievement by improving school attendance
- To provide a specialist service to assist the schools in meeting their obligations and targets in relation to school attendance, especially persistent absence.
- To promote positive attitudes by pupils / students and families towards education and to ensure that parents are made fully aware of their statutory responsibilities.
- To make unsupervised contact with families in their own homes and elsewhere to assess the reasons impacting on the attendance of individual students, facilitating their return or access to regular full time education provision.
- To establish and develop a professional service to support the school in raising attendance, investigating persistent absences and improving punctuality.
- To deliver cross cluster parenting courses for identified cohort of parents across the cluster.
For further information please contact:
Ms M E Kelly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application form and letter should be addressed to Mr L Cummins, Headteacher and the closing date for applications is midday on Wednesday, 29 November 2017. Interviews to take place the week beginning Monday, 4 December 2017.
Ysgol Emrys ap Iwan is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are an Equal Opportunities employer. The successful applicant will be required to provide an enhanced DBS disclosure.