Co-ordinator of EAL (maternity cover)
Pay Scale PO4: £39,774 – £42,684
(Pro rata for a Term Time only £37,555 – £40,303)
36 hours per week x 40 weeks per annum
We wish to appoint exceptional individuals/ graduates to work as Co-ordinator of English as an Additional Language, and manage the school’s EAL provision within the English and Literacy Department and be accountable for quality assuring EAL provision across the school including evaluating impact. Responsibilities will include delivering programmes to students on a one to one or group basis as well as liaison with staff and parents.
Hornsey School for Girls is an ambitious school, and seeks like-minded, innovative individuals to join the warm and welcoming staff team.
The successful candidates for the posts would ideally have:
• A degree
• The ability to lead a team and demonstrate a clear understanding of relevant leadership and management issues, including managing and leading a team of people to work towards a common goal
• The ability to work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
• Experience of teaching /supporting as an LSA children and young people who are early stage English language learners
• Understanding of relevant polices/codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation; Good understanding of national/foundation stage
• A friendly, enthusiastic, and reliable personality
For more information about the school go to: www.hsg.haringey.sch.uk
Please note CVs are not accepted.
Closing Date: Thursday 5 December at 9am
Interview Day: Monday 9 December
Emailed application forms to: email@example.com · Telephone 020 8348 619 1
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students. All roles are subject to safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks of past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. New DBS checks are conducted at regular intervals for current post holders