Whilst applications from all subject specialisms will be considered, maths or science specialisms would be preferred.
This is an excellent opportunity for either an established or emerging middle leader to broaden their experience of College leadership. This position is focussed upon leading our strong pastoral provision, removing barriers, celebrating success and ensuring outstanding outcomes for all our learners.
Bassingbourn Village College is an excellent school set in South Cambridgeshire. We are very proud of our school and the educational opportunities that it provides for our wonderful students. We have very high aspirations and ambitions. Our exam results are excellent placing Bassingbourn Village College consistently amongst the top performing state schools in Cambridgeshire and well above the national average. We are one of the founding members of Anglian Learning, a multi academy trust formed of four highly successful Cambridgeshire secondary schools.
The Governors of the College are looking to appoint an outstanding professional to the position of College Achievement Leader.
- a supportive, committed and motivated team of staff
- small class sizes
- well behaved and motivated students
- supportive parents and governors
- clear opportunities for professional and career development.
The successful candidate will:
- be a creative and dynamic teacher and leader
- be a strong communicator with the ability to embrace change and motivate colleagues and students.
- possess resilience and a sense of humour
- have the capacity to reflect, modify and implement
- have the highest ambitions for our students, the school and yourself
Bassingbourn Village College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants. The Governing Body is an Equal Opportunities Employer
To apply, please complete an application form which is available on our website www.bassingbournvc.net/vacancies and forward with a letter to Mrs Smith by post or email to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining how you would successfully implement the requirements of the job description and how your previous experience has successfully prepared you for this post.
Closing date: Noon on 22nd January 2018
Interviews commencing week beginning the 29th January 2018