We are looking for a versatile and experienced College Counsellor to join the academic team at the world’s leading boarding school, Institut auf dem Rosenberg. This is an exciting, student-focused and collaborative role enabling individuals to make dreams come true.
The Rosenberg College Counsellor will lead high achieving students from over 60 nationalities through their university application process, guiding them to make the best choices in preparation for their future. The College Counsellor will assist the Head of Academic Excellence within the IDP(R) department.
The ideal person will have experience in guiding students through their application process to universities in the US, U.K., Switzerland or in Europe. They will have great organisational and leadership skills as well as substantial experience in working in a project-based environment.
Successful candidates should have the following qualities:
- at least 5 years working in an international school environment.
- experience teaching of IGCSEs, A levels or IB Diploma.
- substantial experience of responsibility for supporting students to apply to universities.
- experience of guiding students academically through course and programme choices through high school.
- experience organising events and projects.
- impeccable English and an understanding of how to communicate with parents from a variety of cultures.
- strong, quick IT and organisation skills.
- readiness to thrive in a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment.
Institut auf dem Rosenberg is a prestigious and leading independent boarding school for students aged 4-19 years, offering an international education to pupils from all over the world. We have pioneered ways to educate children and young adults according to their individual abilities, talents and goals for the past 130 years.
Our value-based philosophy is to educate students in preparation for the challenges of the 21st Century. The school offers International GCSEs and A-Levels, US High School Diploma with Advanced Placement examinations as well as the IB Diploma.
The school also operates a one-of-a-kind Talent & Enrichment programme offering an abundance of co-curricular and sports programmes as well as the world’s first school-owned Creative Lab, a learning and experimentation environment.
• a rare opportunity to work in a highly successful, entrepreneurial and internationally renowned school.
• a truly international environment with outstanding facilities.
• collaborative colleagues committed to excellence.
• an entrepreneurial working atmosphere, dedicated to ensuring every student can follow an individual development plan IDP® to maximise their potential.
• attractive remuneration package and optional accommodation for those relocating to Switzerland.
Candidates should supply a CV, letter of application detailing clearly their suitability for the post, and contact details of three referees. Send to email@example.com, stating “College Counsellor" in the subject-line.
Closing date for applications: October 2, 2021. Early applications are encouraged and the school reserves the right to appoint before the deadline for applications. Initial interviews will be conducted online. Any offer of appointment will be subject to child-protection screening including reference checks with previous employers, and clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously known as CRB) or equivalent.
Institut auf dem Rosenberg
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years