Salary: Up to £42,540.04 depending on experience
Closing Date: Sunday 17th January 2021
Interview Date: TBC
Leading education organisation is looking for a highly-driven Commercial Director to secure new income opportunities for the College Group.
Nelson and Colne College Group is made up of a family of colleges – Nelson & Colne College, Lancashire Adult Learning & Accrington & Rossendale College.
As Commercial Director you will develop new commercial strategies for the College Group to drive growth in Apprenticeships and training.
Managing a team of professionals, you will drive performance and processes to support sales and recruitment.
You will have an entrepreneurial mindset and great leadership skills. The ideal candidate will also be a creative strategist with excellent organisational abilities.
You will have a comprehensive understanding of Apprenticeships and keep abreast of trends and market conditions, to provide strategic advice to the Senior Leadership Team.
With strong interpersonal skills, you will be a confident networker who can maximise opportunities for new business connections, as well as effectively managing existing client relationships, acting as the key link person for our applicants, employers and stakeholders.
You will be analytical in monitoring income and recruitment targets using key metrics.
The successful candidate will be primarily based at Accrington and Rossendale College, as well as flexible remote working. Travel across to other college sites and to employers is expected.
The main duties include:
• Reporting directly to the Vice Principal for Adult and Apprenticeships, lead on all aspects of commercial activity, sales and recruitment for Apprenticeships and work-based training.
• Develop and implement commercial and recruitment strategies in line with business goals and objectives.
• Lead the sales and recruitment teams, driving performance and processes to ensure positive outcomes for applicants, employers and stakeholders.
• Act to acquire new customers and manage client relationships (new and existing).
• Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders, representing the College brand and promoting collaboration.
• Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for the Senior Leadership Team.
• Assist in setting financial targets, budget development and monitoring.
• Be proactive in keeping up to date with commercial opportunities and threats, market developments and changes in government priorities including funding.
• To provide essential market intelligence to inform the development of the Colleges work-based curriculum offer, responding to local, regional and national developments.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A degree level qualification in a relevant subject area.
• A recognised management qualification
• Extensive experience of sales and recruitment of apprenticeships/training
• Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset
• Excellent organisational and leadership skills
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
• Demonstrable experience of successfully delivering challenging recruitment and income targets
• Experience of analysing and reporting income, sales and engagement data
How to apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete an application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.
Nelson and Colne College
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years
Nelson and Colne College, located in the town of Nelson, Lancashire, offers further education to 1,600 full-time students and 3,500 part-time adults. The college was founded during the reorganisation of education in Pendle in the early 1970s and crea...