Communication and Life Skills (CLS) Pathway Leader
The Communication and Life Skills Pathway (CLSP) within LInK (Learning Inclusively at Kings’) is part of Kings’ School Al Barsha which currently supports five children with the highest needs of autism. Working efficiently alongside the Head of Inclusion, the post holder will have a key responsibility for managing the inclusion of our students.
The CLSP Leader will deliver, monitor and review high quality teaching programmes autonomously within the CLSP and other areas of the community, as support by the Head of Inclusion. The successful candidate will work alongside our school-based Speech and Language Therapist and Learning Support Teams to secure and further develop our provision for our highest need students.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree and QTS
- Specific qualification in Autism
- Native level English speaker with at least three years post qualification experience.
- Experience of working with children with the highest level of Special Education Needs & Disabilities (SEND), particularly children on the Autism Spectrum
- Ability to teach and embed PECs, Makaton, SCERTs, ASDAN
- Ability to create and map curriculum
- Data tracking and assessing for progress
How to apply: Candidates are to apply directly through attached HR application form through the TES portal. Closing date for applications is 15 May 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Successful applicants will take up their position in last week of August 2018 and will be invited to participate in a thorough programme of induction.