Community Teacher – ESOL (0.5)
Salary: £12,843 (£25,686 full time equivalent)
Hours: 17.5 per week
Site: Lancashire Adult Learning
Closing Date: Midnight – Thursday 9th December 2021
Interview Date: TBC
‘Would you like to be part of a team that aims to create the extraordinary?’
Nelson and Colne College Group is a beacon for educational excellence, made up of a family of colleges – Nelson & Colne College, Lancashire Adult Learning & Accrington & Rossendale College.
Together the Group forms a Sixth Form, Skills and Technology Centre, University Centre, employer training and adult learning provider delivering exceptional teaching and learning to all ages and at all levels.
The Exciting Role
Lancashire Adult Learning are looking for a talented and student focused Community Teacher for ESOL to join their enthusiastic team on a part-time, permanent basis working 17.5 hours per week.
Lancashire Adult Learning is an adult education college providing opportunities for individuals to learn, develop, work and prosper, at all stages of life. The college is focused on making Lancashire a place where everyone matters; a place where everyone can enjoy equal and quality life chances and be respected in their communities. Lancashire Adult Learning offer a fantastic benefits package including a generous occupational pension scheme and access to continued professional development.
Delivering inspiring and exciting adult ESOL programmes in the community, the ideal candidate will focus on embracing the college ethos that every learner will achieve their full potential and positively represent the college both internally and externally at all times.
This role will be based at our Lancashire Adult Learning site, however, travel across Lancashire will be required.
What You Will Be Doing
• Teach on a range of programmes delivering effective learning (ESOL)
• Plan and prepare high quality teaching and learning
• Develop and share resources with the team
• Prepare learners for accreditation, where appropriate
• Complete reviews of learner progress towards achievement of individual learning goals
• Ensure provision is aligned with best practice in community learning
What We Are Looking For:
• Degree in a relevant subject area or appropriate professional qualification
• Recognised teaching qualification (or a willingness to achieve one within the first 3 years of appointment)
• A higher degree or advanced qualification
• Successful teaching experience in a relevant subject area
• Knowledge of and proven ability to deliver the curriculum successfully
• Demonstrate a learner centred approach to teaching and learning
What We Offer in Return:
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Generous annual leave allowance including a two-week closure over the Christmas period
• A range of health and wellbeing benefits and support
• Staff recognition scheme, including long service awards
• Fantastic family friendly policies
• Free on-site parking on all College sites
• Please visit our ‘Working for Us’ section of our website for a full list of our benefits https://careers.nelson.ac.uk/working-for-us/benefits/
How to Apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete an application form.
Take me to the Application form: https://careers.nelson.ac.uk/application-form/
Further questions: please contact our friendly HR Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note we only accept applications submitted via our website*
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.
Nelson and Colne College, located in the town of Nelson, Lancashire, offers further education to 1,600 full-time students and 3,500 part-time adults. The college was founded during the reorganisation of education in Pendle in the early 1970s and crea...