Community Teacher - Functional Skills Maths
Salary - £25,432.00 per annum
Closing Date – Monday 17th February 2020
Interview Date – TBC
Nelson and Colne College Group is a beacon for educational excellence, made up of a family of colleges – Nelson & Colne College, Lancashire Adult Learning & Accrington & Rossendale College.
Lancashire Adult Learning are looking for a talented and student focused Community Teacher Maths to join their enthusiastic team on a permanent basis working 35 hours per week.
Lancashire Adult Learning (LAL) is an adult education college providing opportunities for individuals to learn, develop, work and prosper, at all stages of life. The college is focused on making Lancashire a place where everyone matters; a place where everyone can enjoy equal and quality life chances and be respected in their communities. Lancashire Adult Learning offer a fantastic benefits package including a generous occupational pension scheme and access to continued professional development.
Delivering inspiring and exciting adult programmes in Functional Skills Maths in the community, the ideal candidate will focus on embracing the college ethos that every learner will achieve their full potential and positively represent the college both internally and externally at all times.
Main duties include:
• Teach on a range of community adult programmes (accredited & non-accredited), delivering effective learning
• Plan and prepare high quality teaching and learning
• Develop and share resources with the team
• Follow College procedures on RARPA for adult and community learners
• Prepare learners for accreditation, where appropriate
• Complete reviews of learner progress towards achievement of individual learning goals
The ideal candidate will have:
• Minimum GCSE grade C (or equivalent) in Maths and English
• Degree in a relevant subject area or appropriate professional qualification
• Recognised teaching qualification (or a willingness to achieve one within the first 3 years of appointment)
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this post and would like to find out more, please visit our website and complete an online application form. Please specify/enter ‘Community Teacher - Functional Skills Maths’ when applying in the ‘post applied for’ section.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.