Community Teacher – Functional Skills (Maths)
Salary - £24,566 per annum
Closing Date – Monday 23rd October 2017
Interview Date –TBC
Lancashire Adult Learning are looking for a talented and student focused Community Teacher – Functional Skills (Maths) to join their enthusiastic team on part time (0.5) or full time basis!
Lancashire Adult Learning (LAL) is an adult education college providing opportunities for individuals to learn, develop, work and prosper at all stages of life. The college is focused on making Lancashire a place where everyone matters; a place where everyone can enjoy equal and quality life chances, and be respected in their communities. Part of Nelson and Colne College (Ofsted Outstanding), Lancashire Adult Learning offers a fantastic benefits package including a generous occupational pension scheme and access to continued professional development.
With part time 0.5 or full time hours available, delivering inspiring and exciting adult programmes in Maths, the ideal candidate will focus on embracing the College ethos that every learner will achieve their full potential and positively represent the College both internally and externally at all times.
Main duties include:
· Teach on a range of community adult programmes in Maths, delivering effective learning (810 annual hours)
· Plan and prepare high quality teaching and learning
· Develop and share resources with the team
· Follow college and awarding body procedures for accredited and community learning
· Prepare learners for accreditation where appropriate
The ideal candidate will have:
· Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject area
· Recognised teaching qualification, or a willingness to achieve one within three years of appointment
· Minimum GCSE grade C (or equivalent) in Maths and English
· Level 5 qualification in a relevant subject area (desirable)
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this post and would like to find out more, please visit our website and complete an online application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.