VACANCY for an TEACHER OF COMPLEX NEEDS at an Excellent Special School
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Highshore School for a teacher of complex needs with an interest in teaching Life Skills.
Highshore is a mixed 11-19 school for pupils with complex mixed needs. We have 146 pupils on roll who have a variety of needs including Down’s syndrome, Autism, ADHD and complex medical needs. Many have significant learning difficulties. The majority of our pupils have speech and language difficulties. A growing number of pupils need support with activities of daily living. We use Makaton signing in many of our classes to facilitate communication. We are a happy and creative school.
Successful candidate will
- Be a confident, passionate teacher preferably with SEN experience
- Have a strong interest and enthusiasm in developing further as a teacher in this setting
- Have an interest in teaching Life Skills
- Be a teacher with experience of working with pupils working below the Year 1 curriculum
- Be a person who loves working with children and can offer skills that will help our pupils make excellent progress
- Children who are enthusiastic, well behaved and eager to learn
- Tailor-made training opportunities and career development to enable rapid progression
- Professional, friendly and supportive staff
- The chance to work in a well-resourced school that is within close proximity to central London
- Strong school leadership
Successful candidate must
- Be an excellent practitioner who can provide evidence of good or outstanding teaching
- Have high expectations of all children
- Be committed to professional development
- Be dedicated and able to motive and engage pupils
We welcome visits to the school. Further information about this post and arrangements for visits can be made by contacting the Headteacher, Eileen Ollieuz, via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 708 6790.
Closing date: 4th May - 12 noon
No agencies and C.V.’s are not accepted
Highshore School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our recruitment processes follow the guidance in the DfE document, Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check. Highshore School is an equal opportunities employer.
- Special needs with state - community funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
Highshore is a complex mixed needs special secondary (age range 11 – 19) school situated in Camberwell, in the London Borough of Southwark. We have 146 pupils on roll. Every pupil has a statement of Special Educational Needs.
At Highshore School we en...