We are seeking to appoint a Compliance Assistant to support the Compliance Officer on all elements of compliance including ISI regulatory and GDPR compliance at King’s College School, King’s College Junior School and Wimbledon Common Prep School (WCPS).
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), fixed term contract role for six months, with a possibility of extending by a further six months.
The compliance assistant is responsible for the following:
- Providing advice and guidance to policy holders on any legislative changes
- In conjunction with the compliance officer, advise and develop practices to ensure these guidelines and legislation are met
- To assist in the maintaining and updating of Corporation policies on an ongoing basis
- Ensure there is a robust compliance control system in place to accurately record policy amendments, version control, policy approval, scheduling of policy updates and the maintenance of a policy archive
- Communicating key compliance changes to appropriate SMT members or if necessary all staff
- Assisting the compliance officer in promoting a culture of compliance and regulatory awareness amongst staff
- Assisting the compliance officer in providing regular compliance reports to the governing body and to senior management
- Together with the compliance officer acting as a sounding board on legal issues and contracts; consulting with legal advisers when needed to resolve difficult compliance issues; maintaining key documents for the School including major contracts, engagement letters, corporate documents
- Helping identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop action plans for the mitigation of those risks and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future; conduct internal audits of processes and procedures with the bursar and the compliance officer
- Assist in maintaining the school’s compliance registers (for example, risk, data protection and anti-money laundering) and driving actions to reduce identified risks
- Assisting the compliance officer in preparation for and in the provision of any necessary papers and/or reports to relevant committees to include, but not limited to, Management Board, Education Committee and Governing Body meetings
- Assisting the compliance officer in managing data and data retention for the Corporation
- Assisting the compliance officer in preparing for the compliance elements of inspection
- Assisting the compliance officer in responding to any regulatory or compliance matters as required
- Attending meetings and events as required
- Legal and/or data protection experience
- A law degree or equivalent
- The ability to work independently, but also as part of a wider team
- Must be able to communicate well, both verbally and in writing, at all levels
- Good IT skills
In return, we can offer you excellent benefits, including:
- 25 days’ annual paid holiday plus statutory English public holidays
- Contributory pension scheme – 5% employee contribution & 10% employer contribution, also available through a salary sacrifice scheme
- Free lunch in the dining hall during term-time
- Programme of staff health benefits
- Discounted membership of King’s Sports Club (please note this is currently suspended due to COVID-19)
Further details can be found at: www.kcs.org.uk
Closing date: 9am on Thursday 28th January 2021
King's is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
King's College School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 18 years
King’s College School is an independent day school for boys aged 7-18 and girls aged 16-18. Founded in 1829 by Royal Charter, King’s is a school of almost 1,500 pupils, including approximately 450 boys in the junior school, located in one of the most...