We are looking to appoint an experienced compliance professional to the newly created role of Quadrant Compliance Manager with the Harris Federation. Working with the Central Quadrant Assistant Director and Academy Principals, the position will oversee all aspects of compliance for the Central Quadrant in London. This role will involve regular travel to each of the academy sites and will have a base site at Harris Academy Peckham.
This is a brand new role which will supervise seven Harris Academies as well as the Federation's teacher training department, to ensure that each academy is both compliant and has outstanding operational management. We are looking for an experienced compliance manager who can help develop processes across the Central Quadrant, both strategically and at academy level. We are interested to hear from talented individuals who have the skills and ability to help build a robust and best practice culture of constant excellence that will put learning first.
The Central Quadrant comprises:
- Harris Academy Battersea
- Harris Academy Beckenham
- Harris Academy Bermondsey
- Harris Boys' Academy East Dulwich
- Harris City Academy Crystal Palace
- Harris Girls' Academy East Dulwich
- Harris Academy Peckham
- Harris Initial Teacher Training - based in Bermondsey.
About this opportunity
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic individual who can:
- Lead on compliance work across the Central Quadrant and ensure all academies are compliant with statutory requirements at all times.
- Ensure that specialist staff in each academy are supported, developed and challenged to ensure that they take responsibility at a local level for statutory compliance
- Provide specialist professional development in areas of compliance for academy-based staff
- Liaise with the Federation central team on behalf of academies within the quadrant to ensure compliance issues or concerns are dealt with quickly and effectively
The main areas of responsibility include:
- Quadrant FSM/Pupil Premium Compliance
- Quadrant Medical & First Aid Compliance
- Quadrant Asset and Contract Register Compliance
- Quadrant Heath & Safety Compliance
- Quadrant Data Protection Compliance
- Safer Recruitment Procedures and Single Central Record
- Project Management across the quadrant
- Lettings across the Quadrant
What we are looking for
The successful applicant will need:
- At least five years’ experience working an office environment
- At least two years’ experience of managing a team
- Education to degree level or equivalent
- Good verbal and written communication skills and working with stakeholders
- Knowledge of Microsoft software packages
- Secure knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Secure knowledge of human resources legislation
- Basic knowledge of financial procedures
- Knowledge of procurement processes
- Knowledge of the key principles of staff management (desirable)
- Experience of working in an inner-city academy or educational establishment (desirable)
- Professional qualification e.g. CIPD or equivalent to NVQ Level 4 (desirable)
Before applying, please download and review the job pack for full details including the job description and person specification.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact the Assistant Directors PA, Mrs Crick on email@example.com.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn without notice. Applications will only be considered if submitted online and before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Our Benefits Package
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package.
Being a part of the Harris Federation
We are recognised as the top performing large multi-academy trust in England for primary and secondary education. Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission of Harris. Holding a reputation for bringing transformative approaches to education, we hold a unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Our people are at the heart of this success. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of training programmes available at every stage of your career.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
Diversity and Equality
We are committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.
Harris Academy Peckham
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Harris Academy Peckham is a place where all flourish, all feel valued and where achievement is the key to success. We are thoroughly proud of all our successes to date and look forward to further contributing to the Harris Federation’s excellent trac...