Repton School Abu Dhabi is seeking an outstanding Computer Science Teacher for August 2022. The ideal candidate will have a proven history of delivering exemplary examination results and teaching at both GCSE and A-Level.
About Repton School Abu Dhabi
Repton Abu Dhabi is a prominent school on Reem Island in the heart of 'new Abu Dhabi'. We've been here since 2013, growing quickly due to our popularity with the local and expat community alike and our quality was recently recognised though the award of a 'Very Good' rating by ADEK with several outstanding features, which we seek to build on in the years ahead.
We follow a British independent school curriculum which incorporates elements of the English National Curriculum but which allows highly skilled teachers to develop an appropriate curriculum for an independent school in an international environment. In 2020/21 we published our first GCSE examination results that boasted:
- 44% at Grades 8-9
- 64% at grades 7-9
- 79% at grades 6-9
- 100% of students achieved 5 or more GCSE results inc. Eng & Maths at Grades 4-9
The whole course of study through the school is designed to develop students as independent and lifelong learners as well as encouraging a spirit of intellectual curiosity and the pursuit of knowledge. This is achieved not only by what is studied in lessons but by formal prep time and links between academic and cross-curricular opportunities, including field trips outside of school.
All aspects of our curriculum are delivered with a rigour stemming from proven and traditional teaching methods and are bolstered by the latest innovations in teaching practice.
Further to this, the school has ready access to the latest in curriculum planning, assessment and monitoring strategies and the staff regularly review their teaching practices to ensure a fresh and dynamic approach to education.
About the Department
The successful candidate will be joining a dynamic and innovative department that delivers world class pedagogy at all levels. Repton Abu Dhabi is an all-through school and the majority of students entering the Senior School (Years 6-13) progress directly from our Junior School (Years 2-5) who share Fry campus. There will be some timetabled lessons in the Junior school to ensure our students experience a smooth transition as they move from Junior to Senior school.
- Generous basic pay based on completed years of experience
- Generous leave entitlements
- Annual flight allowance, accommodation provided, and world class medical and healthcare benefits (subject to status)
- Tuition fee remission for up to two dependent children in Repton School Abu Dhabi
As a school we are very proud of the culture we have built at Repton Abu Dhabi. Schools are about people and relationships and our recruitment strategy very much focuses on hiring people with outstanding character. We are protective of our culture. The following character traits are non-negotiables:
- Team Player who adds to the collaborative culture of the school
- Positive attitude, adaptable and solution focused
- A life-long learner with a growth mindset
- Humility and humour - An ability to work hard but have fun
Please note, the requirements below are not aspirational; we cannot obtain a license from the local regulator for candidates not meeting the qualifications criteria. We require:
- Qualified Teacher Status; and
- EITHER - Bachelors of Education with PGCE or Masters and relevant experience teaching this subject specialism;
- OR - Bachelors in subject relevant to teaching specialism plus PGCE / Masters in Education
- Have experience teaching at Key Stage 4 & 5 in a school with an outstanding track record
- Have minimum 2 years post qualification experience
- Have experience teaching in a UK setting or renowned British Curriculum international school
- Be at least 25 years old
The Repton Family of Schools is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects the same from its employees. All new staff will be subject to detailed and enhanced pre-employment clearance, including identity checks, criminal background checks for all countries lived in, qualification checks, employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment, and satisfactory reference checks for all employment in the last 5 years.