St. Mary Magdalene is a popular and successful school with two school campuses; a primary site in Woolwich and a new state of the art all through site on the Greenwich Peninsula. It leads a federation with a primary school in Greenwich (SE10), Christ Church – the Koinonia Federation.
St Mary Magdalene’s secondary phase opened in September 2016 and provides a total of 900 places for students aged 11-16. It will also offer a sixth form provision from September 2021, providing 150 places for students aged 16-18.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding candidate for an exciting opportunity to join our team within our secondary phase working across KS3-KS5.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- is an outstanding teacher
- is highly organised, motivational and flexible
- is an inclusive individual, with high expectations of all students and who is committed to all students reaching their full potential
- is dedicated to raising standards and working in partnership with others
We can offer:
• a supportive leadership team and vibrant professional community
• quality training to those new to the career
• a commitment to continuing professional development
• a positive school culture which believes in distributed/ collaborative leadership
• energetic and enthusiastic high attaining students
• a supportive, Christian ethos across our school communities
• an Apple MacBook to use in school and at home
• a Federation CPD programme
Closing Date: 18th April 2021
Interview Dates: week commencing 26th April 2021
Previous applicants for this post should not reapply.
Our new £65m building is situated on the Greenwich Peninsula, beside the O2, offering excellent public transport links via the Jubilee Line to North Greenwich and various bus routes. Please note there are no parking facilities at the school.
As this role will involve contact with children we will take up at least two references before interview asking about your suitability to work with children. Any job offer will be conditional on you having a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Criminal Records Check and Barred List Check, having the legal right to work in the UK and having satisfactory overseas criminal records checks if deemed necessary.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted & invited to attend interview.
St Mary Magdalene C of E School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
St Mary Magdalene C of E School is a co-educational, all-through school based in Greenwich, south-east London. The school has both primary and secondary phases. The secondary phase has approximately 560 students aged 11-18 and 80 staff.