Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are recruiting for a dynamic and dedicated Qualified Computer Science Teacher to tutor students 2-3 evenings a week in Peterborough.
The successful candidate will be tutoring students GCSE and/or A-Level Computer Science. You will be supporting students in areas of which they struggle in and helping to reinforce what they learnt in school. The successful candidate will also be building a platform for students to succeed in their GSCE and A-Level education and prepare them for upcoming examinations. You will also need to have the ability to teach in an engaging manner and build a strong and positive rapport with the students you’re supporting.
The length of the tutoring sessions will vary but will typically be 1-3 hours long. This position has a ASAP start date.
In addition, you will need to:
· Have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and specialise in teaching Computer Science.
· Have experience of teaching Computer Science at either GCSE and/or A-Level.
· Be available to tutor 2-3 evenings a week.
· Be flexible and adaptable with your availability and approach.
· Be able to effectively tutor students on either a 1-1, 2-1 or 3-1 basis.
Applications from Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) will also be considered for this position.
In return for your hard work and expertise, you will be rewarded with:
· Excellent and transparent rates of pay.
· Consistent seminars and training courses such as Team Teach, Moving & Handling Autism Awareness and access to EduCare eLearning courses (paid for by Vision) to continue your individual professional development.
· Generous Refer a Friend Scheme.
· Wages paid directly into your bank account every week via PAYE (not through an umbrella company)
· We are an agency that won't charge your school a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract; we won't stand in the way of your career.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
If you feel you have the qualities we are looking for, please apply for this position today. Alternatively, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Peterborough office on 01733 371371 or Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk