Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are seeking to appoint an inspirational Part-Time Computer Science Teacher to join our successful supply teaching team and to tutor young people Computer Science at GCSE and A-Level in Peterborough. This is a part-time position, starting as soon as possible and consists of the ideal Teacher committing to working 2-3 evenings a week.
The successful Computer Science Teacher will need to have the ability to teach pupils across the Secondary School phase from Key Stage Three (KS3), Key Stage Four (KS4) and Key Stage Five (KS5). You will be expected to teach the AQA Computer Science specification at GCSE and A-Level. The ideal Computer Science Teacher will need to be able to work effectively within a well-developed and strong team to plan and deliver an engaging and creative Computer Science curriculum.
The position would suit a Computer Science or ICT Teacher who is looking for extra work in the evenings after school, or a Teacher wanting to develop their teaching experience further.
The ideal Computer Science Teacher will be providing an extra level of support to children who may require need an extra boost with their learning, or who require a stimulating learning environment to develop their skills. You will be based in a learning centre in Peterborough, which is passionate about offering tailored learning opportunities and using individualised approaches to help children succeed. The centre is committed to making a real difference to children’s lives and guiding them effectively to reach their true potential.
To be considered for the position as a Computer Science Teacher, you must:
· Be a Secondary School Teacher with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), although applications from Unqualified Teachers with experience of teaching Computer Science will also be considered
· Be available to work 2-3 evenings a week (the learning centre will be flexible and work around your availability)
· Have experience of teaching Computer Science at GCSE and/or A-Level
· Have a strong passion for teaching, with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring Computer Science lessons
· Have an effective approach when it comes to supporting children and young people with their learning
· Be able to adjust lessons and teaching approaches if required
· Have a genuine desire to become part of committed team of education practitioners
Applications from Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) are welcome for this position as a Computer Science Teacher.
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a Computer Science Teacher, you will receive:
· Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
· Support through your placements
· Unparalleled daily rates
· Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
· Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
· £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
· Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a Computer Science Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage young people, and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this as a Computer Science Teacher. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
Apply today or for more information on this role and other tutoring opportunities Vision for Education have to offer across Cambridgeshire, please contact the Peterborough Team on 01733 371371 or Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk