Part-time Computing/ICT Teacher
Fixed Term until August 2019
MPR/UPR 0.3 – 0.4
To start from January 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated professional to join our very successful Mathematics and IT Faculty. We are particularly proud of the outstanding progress our pupils make and are looking for an outstanding practitioner to join our team. A successful candidate will be a team player and passionate about the teaching of Computing and Digital Studies.
The Westgate School has a strong academic tradition where pupils excel because of the exceptional partnership for learning that exists between pupils and adults in our school community.
• To be passionate about enabling all pupils to make good progress in Computing and Digital Studies;
• To be able to support the Subject Leader in implementing significant changes to the GCSE Curriculum and assessment;
• To support colleagues by contributing to a culture of learning from each other and sharing good practice;
• To promote Computing and Digital Studies by celebrating pupils’ success and contributing to enrichment activities;
• To follow the School’s assessment and reporting processes when reporting to parents, including at Parents’ Evenings.
The Westgate has an on-site, full time day nursery (0-5 years) and Health & Fitness Suite available to staff.
The Westgate School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Job Description and Application forms can be obtained from www.westgate.hants.sch.uk and please send completed application forms to the HR Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org