Salary: Up to £36,007 per annum depending on experience
Hours: 35 per week
Site: Accrington and Rossendale College
Closing Date: Midnight - Sunday 26th September 2021
Interview Date: TBC
‘Would you like to be part of a team that aims to create the extraordinary?’
Nelson and Colne College Group is a beacon for educational excellence, made up of a family of Colleges – Nelson & Colne College, Lancashire Adult Learning & Accrington & Rossendale College.
Together the Group forms a Sixth Form, Skills and Technology Centre, University Centre, employer training and adult learning provider delivering exceptional teaching and learning to all ages and at all levels.
The Exciting Role
The College Group is looking for a full-time, permanent Computing Lecturer to join our dedicated Creative & Digital team. This role will be based at our Accrington and Rossendale College campus. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to be an Industry Lead with associated remission and remuneration.
What You Will Be Doing:
• Teaching within the Digital team on a range of programmes, delivering effective learning for students (specifically Computing)
• Plan and prepare high quality teaching and learning
• Develop and share resources for the course/subject
• Deliver enrichment and enhancement activities
• Complete required assessment duties in relation to student assignments
• Maintain comprehensive, up to date, records and provide information as requested using College systems to track and communicate student progress
• Be responsible for the appropriate administration of exam entries and liaise with external awarding bodies as appropriate
What We Are Looking For:
• 4 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English at Grade C/4 or above
• Degree in a relevant subject area or appropriate professional qualification
• Recognised teaching qualification or a willingness to achieve this within three years of appointment
• Successful teaching experience in relevant subject area (Computing)
• Can deliver on the T-Level programme and Level 3 RQF
• Can plan, teach and assess a range of units including Programming up to Level 4/ Computer-science/databases/spreadsheets
What We Offer in Return:
• Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
• Generous annual leave allowance including a two-week closure over the Christmas period
• A range of health and wellbeing benefits and support
• Staff recognition scheme, including long service awards
• Fantastic family friendly policies
• Free on-site parking on all College sites
• Please visit our ‘working for us’ section of our website for a full list of our benefits https://careers.nelson.ac.uk/working-for-us/benefits/
How to Apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete an application form.
Take me to the Application form: https://careers.nelson.ac.uk/application-form/
Further questions: please contact our friendly HR Team on email@example.com
*Please note we only accept applications submitted via our website*
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.
Accrington and Rossendale College
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 14+ years
Accrington and Rossendale College is a mixed, further education college in Lancashire that accepts students aged 14 and over. Vocational education is the college’s main focus, offering courses such as construction, media and design, hospitality, spor...