We are seeking to appoint a teacher who can teach computing throughout the school.
The ideal candidate should:
- be able to teach Computing, including coding and robotics from Early Years to Year 6
- have knowledge and experience of teaching the Computing national curriculum
- be able to develop and maintain good relationships with all staff and pupils
- be able to lead, develop and improve the standard of Computing throughout the school
- be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
- be able to raise the profile of Computing throughout the school and the wider community
- be willing to organise clubs and a wide range of computing based events
- be able to lead and provide support in e-safety
- be creative and imaginative in their teaching
We will offer you:
- A positive and caring ethos and working environment.
- A school where staff are highly valued, wellbeing and a healthy work-life balance is a priority.
- Enthusiastic, motivated, well-behaved children and very supportive parents.
- A committed, friendly, welcoming and supportive staff team.
- Excellent support from the headteacher, senior leadership team and governing body.
- High quality and bespoke professional and career development opportunities.
- Opportunities and potential for future leadership roles.
Sudbury Primary School is a four-form entry primary school serving a diverse community. The children enjoy a rich, creative curriculum in a harmonious and purposeful atmosphere.
On 1st November 2017 Sudbury Primary School formed part of Chrysalis Multi-Academy Trust with Claremont High School.
All successful applicants will be initially appointed for one year.
The post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
The Governing body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school office, who will be happy to arrange a mutually convenient time for a visit.