Do you enjoy working with children?
Do you have the skills to resolve problems and handle conflict situations with young adults?
Are you passionate about promoting Anti-Bullying and Anti-Racism?
If the answer is yes to these questions, Chalk Hills Academy would love to hear from you!
The Chalk Hills Academy are seeking to appoint a Conflict Resolution Co-ordinator to work in support of and liaise with the Whole School Behaviour Lead/Head of Years ensuring that the quality of support and intervention meets the needs of each student.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for investigating all incidents of fighting, bullying and other conflict situations between individual students or groups of students.
- Discuss all incidents with the relevant Head of Year or Whole School Behaviour Lead to decide suitable actions and sanctions
- Work directly with the victim(s) and perpetrator(s)
- Pro-actively promote the Academy’s anti-bullying and anti-racism policy
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to Level 3 qualifications or higher
- Have demonstrable experience of working effectively with vulnerable children/young people in either education, social work, youth work or another related area of work
- Have extensive experience of working effectively with the parents/carers of children/young people
- Have demonstrable knowledge of the principles involved in giving advice and guidance to children/young people including the place of confidentiality
- Have knowledge of the responsibilities of agencies towards vulnerable children
- Have demonstrable knowledge of the range of additional support / agencies which can be of assistance to vulnerable pupils/students and families
- Have the ability to write action plans and other short reports as required
- Have the ability to motivate children/young people by establishing supportive working relationships
- Have the ability to use word processing packages and the internet
- Be able to travel to meet work commitments in all parts of Luton
- Be able to work flexibly and attend evening and early morning meetings (up to 5 per month)
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
- £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped laboratories and equipment to match the level of courses offered
- You’ll be working in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ School
- You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
- Unparalleled CPD opportunities with the opportunity to develop as a fully qualified teacher!
- Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
- Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
- Local subsided gym membership and other great staff benefits
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “The purposeful and caring leadership of the Principal and SLT have created a strong academy identity and a positive ethos shared by all members of the community. The strength of leadership is recognised without exception by the academy’s staff. Students’ behaviour is good, the atmosphere in lessons is calm and studious and attitudes to learning are routinely positive as students want to learn. Students are hugely proud of their academy, they wear their blazers and ties smartly, do not drop litter and look after the modern, purpose-built site impeccably. They stand without instruction when any adult enters a classroom.”
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.