LEEDS COLLEGE OF BUILDING
PART TIME COOK
Internal Ref: 0061
Hours: 25 hours per week, 8am till 1pm (flexible)
Salary: £10,222 - £11,637 per annum
We are seeking to appoint a cook to join our in house catering team and to work flexibly across our North Street and Hunslet Lane campus. You should be creative, positive, enthusiastic and passionate with the ability to suggest and implement ideas for the development of the catering provision keeping up to date with current food trends.
You must have a ‘can-do’ attitude with relevant experience of working in a busy catering department.
The main objective is to deliver high standards of food quality and service along with cooking a traditional/modern menu to suit a wide range of different customers.
The ideal candidate should have;
· Solid knowledge of food preparation skills and food safety
· Excellent cooking skills using fresh ingredients
· A friendly and positive attitude
· A passion for food and quality service
· Self-motivation and able to work in a busy environment
· Ability to organise and prioritise workload within the kitchen
· 706/1 and 706/2 General catering qualification or equivalent i.e. NVQ Level 1 and Level 2 in a relevant area
· Level 2 Food Safety Certificate
· COSHH Training and understanding of HACCP
In return we offer an excellent benefits package which, for this post, includes an enviable 30 day annual leave entitlement (pro-rata) in addition to statutory and additional bank holidays, an excellent pension scheme (West Yorkshire Pension Fund), free parking at all of our College sites on a first come first served basis, family friendly policies and opportunities for training and development.
Please note that all applications should be completed online. Please visit the vacancies section of our website at www.lcb.ac.uk. CV’s will not be accepted.
Closing date: Tuesday 16th January 2018 at 12 noon
Please note this position is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The College is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. It is also committed to the ‘Prevent Duty’ and the requirement to prevent people being drawn into terrorism and expects all staff to share these commitments.