We are looking for an inspirational teacher who will inspire imaginative and effective approaches to learning and teaching across the Academy, and make a major contribution to improving student attainment by raising the quality of teaching and learning in Geography.
The successful candidate will support other teachers to improve their effectiveness, modelling excellent practice and providing professional mentoring and to consistently teach high quality lessons which bring about excellent outcomes for students.
Principal accountabilities include:
To inspire imaginative and effective approaches to learning and teaching across the Academy, and make a major contribution to improving student attainment by raising the quality of teaching and learning in Geography.
· To work as a co ordinator in Geography to develop teaching and learning strategies that are effective and enable students to achieve challenging targets.
· To work with the Director of Humanities to identify students at risk of underachieving in Geography and advise and lead on appropriate intervention strategies to raise attainment.
· To raise student achievement and attainment in Geography across the Academy as evidenced by external examinations and internal assessments.
· To develop staff expertise in all areas of Geography.
· Keep up to date with current educational research and disseminate relevant information to colleagues
· To prepare and use performance and contextual data to track individual students and inform performance
· Be committed to the use of new technologies to improve teaching and learning.
· Perform role of form tutor.
· To work with the Director of Humanities to develop appropriate curriculum content for each level of learning which is challenging, engaging and differentiated to meet the needs of all students.
- To contribute to the quality assurance of Geography teaching by working with the Director of Humanities to ensure rigorous monitoring and evaluation of progress towards Team and Academy Development Plans
· To actively support the vision, ethos and policies of the Academy
Sirius Academy is situated in a state-of-the-art £48m facility. If you seek a new challenge and want to be part of a first class team, come and join us.