Location: WALLSEND St Patrick's Primary School
Vacancy Type: Contract Description (K - 6, Enrolment 272 )
The coordinator is a member of the School's executive team, which comprises the Principal, Assistant Principal and Religious Education Coordinator.
As a member of this team, the Coordinator will offer assistance and support in:
- the day to day operation of the School
- promotion of the Catholic ethos of the School
- the initiation of and contribution to quality teaching and learning programs
- the promotion of an effective pastoral care program
- the implementation of the School's policies and procedures
- the promotion of the hospitality, accessibility and visibility of the executive team
Demonstrate capacity to:
- Implement and evaluate curriculum initiatives;
- Lead and support colleague teachers to improve student learning;
- Contribute to the development of quality teaching within a contemporary learning environment.
- applicants must have completed, be in the process of completing or agree to complete (within 4 years of appointment) a Graduate Diploma or preferably a Masters Degree in R.E., Theological Studies, Spirituality or Educational Leadership with at least four units from approved areas
- applicants must be a practising Catholic
- applicants must have a sound understanding of and commitment to Catholic education
- applicants must be able to demonstrate positive relations with students, staff, parents and clergy and to work effectively as a member of a team
- be appropriately qualified as a 4 year trained teacher
- record current NESA and Working With Children number on application.
- evidence of completion of Anaphylaxis training certificate must be supplied. (https://etraining.allergy.org.au/login/index.php)
Note: To start or return to working as a teacher in a NSW school, you must be accredited by NESA.
- ability to show initiative and strong leadership skills within the school
- able to work in a collaborative manner with the school staff
- ability to contribute to strategic planning, policy formation and implementation of the school annual plan
- a clear understanding of the key concepts of a true 'Professional Learning Community at Work'
- a good understanding and the ability to implement the use of ICT across the curriculum
- a sound understanding and willingness to help lead Early Learning and Gifted Education at St Patrick's
Commencement: Starts 28/1/20
Conditions of Employment: The position attracts an allowance at the level of Coordinator1 (currently $7,993.00 p.a).
Initial appointment will be for two years, renewable for a further four years subject to enrolments and a satisfactory performance
Applications Close: Friday 16 August, 2019
Instructions: Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
Contact Name: Daniel Ariel (email@example.com) Telephone: 4955 8570
By email (preferred):
St Patrick's Primary School
PO Box 190
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info:
Referees : Applicants should nominate at least three (3) referees, one of whom must be a parish priest and two other persons one of whom must be the person's current principal and/or area supervisor or consultant.
Selection procedure will involve an interview. Intending applicants should carefully consider the criteria before submitting their application. The letter of application should address both the essential and desirable criteria as outlined above.
Applications will be received up until 3.00pm on the closing date.