As a company we support people with their personal finances and we believe this is just as important for young people. We are looking for someone who is passionate about education and teaching young people about the basics of managing their money, as well as the ability to coordinate employee and Partner (Financial Advisors) volunteers.
This is the lead programme of the St. James’s Place Corporate Responsibility strategy, supporting secondary schools to deliver financial awareness sessions. Our aim is to provide students across the UK with the interest and confidence to manage their own money, arming them with relevant information such as how to budget, manage debt and understand the basics of prioritising their money both now and in the future. Too many young people leave school without some essential understanding around basic money management and we want to help to make a change.
This role is full time. Previous teaching or finance experience while helpful is not required. We are open to exploring part-time job share options with candidates. Please express this in your application.
Key Responsibilities of the Job:
You will be responsible for:
(i) delivering the well-established Financial Awareness programme (Year 9 /6th form) local to our head office in Cirencester, with potential to expand to large regional offices. This is strongly supported by employees volunteering their time to lead and assist the lessons. In 2017 this programme reached 3,300 students with 117 different volunteers over 845 hours
(ii) embedding what’s already in place and thinking creatively about how we can grow the national Partner Financial Awareness programme following its successful pilot in 2017/18. This includes some delivery at primary school years 5 and 6. This programme could grow significantly and offers opportunity for future progression.
- Project manage the Financial Awareness programme on a day to day basis
- Use our existing materials to present and lead the sessions, being able to inspire the young people you work with
- Ensure high quality delivery of all sessions, whether they are delivered by you, a Partner, an employee volunteer or a teacher
- Support our Partners around the UK to be part of the programme, effectively managing those relationships and expectations
- Work with local schools, and support Partners as they approach schools around the UK, to secure and co-ordinate bookings
You will be a confident presenter, able to connect with young people and coordinate volunteers.
- A passion for helping young people to understand basic money management
- Confident presenter, excellent at engaging listeners
- Experience of coordinating projects with excellent attention to detail
- Confident talking on the phone with good verbal skills
- Clear and concise when writing
- Approachable and supportive interpersonal skills
- Must be self-motivated and always looking to improve your work
- Willing to travel as this job requires UK wide travel
The resources of the programme are already in place, so while teaching/ youth work experience would be helpful it is not essential.
The Corporate Responsibility Department You will be part of the growing Corporate Responsibility Department of seven people within this FTSE100 company, based at our Head Office Campus in Cirencester. We have been running a successful Financial Awareness programme in Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and London for five years so there will be skills and experience to support you in this role. Find out more here: https://www.sjp.co.uk/about-st-james-place/our-responsibilities and read our Annual Report here: https://www.sjp.co.uk/~/media/Files/S/sjp-group/reports-and-presentations/2018/corporate-responsibility-2017-final.pdf.
Due to the nature of the role, there will be a large element of UK travel required during school term time. We would also require suitable candidates to be available for an assessment day on the 25th July 2018.
How we Reward You
In addition to an attractive salary and eligibility to participate in the discretionary annual bonus opportunities, you will also receive an excellent benefit package including a non-contributory pension, private medical insurance for you and your family, life assurance, equity participation opportunities, and an attractive holiday allowance, to name but a few.
The Charitable Foundation
We are extremely proud of The St. James’s Place Charitable Foundation. It is a grant-making charity where funds are raised and donated by the St. James’s Place community. The Company matches all funds raised or donated, pound for pound and since its setup in 1992 we have raised and distributed almost £60 million to good causes operating in the UK and abroad.