The new Swiss International School of Qatar is seeking a versatile Counselor for September 2018. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to build our counseling department from scratch. The role involves setting up the counseling department, counseling students regarding IB course choices and university applications, and counseling students with social and emotional needs.
SISQ will be a full IB school and has the ambition of becoming one of the leading educational institutions in the region.
The successful candidate will have the following essential qualities:
- Experience as a counselor in an IB DP school
- Excellent knowledge of university applications in an international setting
- Ability to cope in a start-up environment
- Willingness to work as the sole counselor and to fulfill a variety of counseling roles, depending on student needs
- A collaborative style and a good sense of humour
- A commitment to continuous improvement
- A commitment to student learning and safeguarding
The following qualities would be an advantage:
- Experience setting up a counseling programme
- Experience and understanding of the MYP
Applications for this position are through Schrole. Please apply early, as SISQ may make an appointment before the closing date if an exceptional candidate is found.