Renaissance College Website: https://www.rchk.edu.hk
Renaissance College opened for students in August 2006 and is providing an all-through education for 2,100 students aged 5 to 18 years. With advanced design and facilities, Renaissance College is testament to ESF’s continuing contribution to the future of quality education in Hong Kong, featuring first-class amenities such as a dedicated sports centre with sports hall and swimming pool, cafeteria, library and performance arts centre; and high-level infrastructure for Information and Communication Technology. We have a fully developed 1:1 Apple laptop programme for over 1100 students and further 500 school owned Apple laptops and desktops. We also have a growing iPad programme.
The school requires a Counsellor - Further Education for 2020/21 Academic Year. The position will be a full-time two year contract starting August 2020, renewable by mutual consent.
Reports to: Secondary Vice Principal / IBDP Coordinator
The College Counsellor should:
• develop and regularly update the tertiary and careers information resources available in the Careers & Further Education Centre
• inform and instruct students on using the internet & other media to gain access to tertiary and careers information
• organise the in-school further education fair and invite guest speakers from institutions of further education
• ensure that senior students are aware of and enabled to attend education fairs such as the Linden Tour, World Education Fair, British Education Exhibition, & Australian Education Fair
• develop and maintain an understanding of the Chinese, British, North American, Australian, Japanese, Korean and Indian tertiary application systems, and gain information on tertiary requirements of other countries as appropriate
• be active in establishing links and promoting the College with representatives of universities and colleges
• run information evenings for Years 11, 12, & 13 parents and students about the college and university applications process, what grants and financial aid is available, housing issues, issues regarding the transition to university
• create monthly careers and further education newsletters for the website
• develop and annually update the school’s Academic Profile
• advise students on their College applications
• guide students through the applications process and check applications
• liaise with the Careers Advisor to provide guidance for students on writing a coherent, clear, well presented curriculum vitae and personal statement
• liaise with the Careers Advisor to provide guidance and practice opportunities of interview situations
• liaise with the Careers Advisor regarding career-related areas of interest for Years 12/13 students
• ensure that all graduating students have a copy of their academic transcript for their previous four years of academic study
• liaise with all tertiary institutions regarding references and transcripts
• write references in support of students college/university applications as required
• develop procedures for students requesting teacher references and provide guidance and support for teachers in writing those references
• inform and facilitate student access to all necessary and relevant information regarding SAT, TOEFL, IELTS tests, etc
• administer PSAT tests as required
• keep updating students through the IBO universities website.
See ESF Terms and Condition for further details of the package.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Education, or
Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent
Candidates will be expected to have:
• fluent communication skills in English, both spoken and written;
• well developed counselling skills with students;
• presentation and group facilitation skills;
• a well developed understanding of information technology systems that support higher education guidance;
• a determination to develop professionally and keep up to date with developments in
higher education guidance.
Teaching in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a premier destination for expatriate and local teachers! ESF Teachers enjoy an extremely lucrative salary package and a very high standard of living overall, in an exciting and vibrant world city. The teaching profession is highly respected, student motivation and outcomes are excellent, and all teachers receive considerable support from ESF with settling into Hong Kong, as well as with their professional development. Please feel free to contact us in advance about life in Hong Kong if you feel a conversation on this topic would be helpful.
Closing Date: 19 Jan 2020
For enquiries, please contact Alice Har at +852 35563553 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and offers may be extended prior to the job closing date
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.