Established in 2007, Renaissance International School Saigon has an enrolment of approximately 500 students from Early Years to Year 13. The school offers the National Curriculum for England complemented by the International Primary Curriculum (IPC), International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP). Renaissance is accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS), recognised as “a school with significant strengths” by BSO and is a proud global member of Round Square. Our students graduate into top universities and colleges around the world, our faculty is diverse and our student body exceptional.
Renaissance is looking to employ a Counsellor who is able to manage the school’s College Counselling and Pastoral Programmes and provide academic and emotional support to our students especially in the Secondary School.
The successful candidate will be a passionate and committed educator able to demonstrate successful experience as a Counsellor in a school setting, the ability to combine a number of counselling functions and a fundamental commitment to student welfare and well-being. He/ she will be student centred, highly motivated, a team player and fully understand the role and function of a Counsellor in a small school environment and the demands that such a role often has.
The school is interested in receiving applications from teachers who can demonstrate the following:
· A recognised Bachelor’s Degree and PGCE or equivalent – Masters preferred.
· Experience as a Counsellor in an international school environment or within the United Kingdom.
· A strong commitment to student welfare and student well-being.
· A sound understanding of College and University placement requirements in a variety of educational settings including the UK, North America and Australasia.
· Participation in the establishment of links with parents and other stakeholders.
· Adaptability, flexibility and a willingness to actively embrace the host country culture.
· The ability to work as part of a wider student support services team.
· A sound working knowledge of Child Protection policies and procedures.
Our facilities are excellent and in addition to standard and specialist classrooms include an indoor swimming pool, large sports field, large gymnasium, fitness centre, a dedicated 350 seat theatre and a library with media centre and recording studio.
A competitive salary and benefits package including - accommodation, global health insurance, settling in allowance, annual return home flights and gratuity will be available to the successful candidate.
Interested candidates should email a two page curriculum vitae to the school’s HR Department. firstname.lastname@example.org and include details of all relevant work experience, educational qualifications and the names and contact details of three professional referees
The closing date for applications will be 8.00am (Viet Nam time) on Friday 01 December 2017. Early application is encouraged as Renaissance reserves the right to appoint as soon as a suitable candidate be found.
Skype Interviews will be conducted with short-listed candidates.
Renaissance is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Appointments are made subject to appropriate vetting procedures and police checks.
For additional on the school please visit our website: http://www.renaissance.edu.vn