To provide confidential and professional counselling for students of the college and to publicise and promote the service within the college.
1. To provide 1:1 counselling to students. This will include making assessments and offering ‘emergency’ sessions where appropriate.
2. To adhere to the BACP’s/ UKPC ethical framework
3. Support college initiatives on safeguarding, mental health and wellbeing
4. Maintain confidential notes on counselling sessions
5. Develop, maintain and promote activities and resources for client use including online resources.
6. To work closely with the student support tutors and safeguarding team to ensure the safety and wellbeing of learners and appropriately escalate any safeguarding concerns
7. To complete update statistics on the take up of the service and report on the finds
8. Develop and maintain relevant links with outside agencies to enhance the referral network of the college.
9. Keep abreast of developments in counselling and psychotherapy and maintain relevant ongoing professional development.
10. Attend relevant meetings and staff development activities, and contribute to staff training activities where required.
11. To liaise with other college staff as appropriate to ensure an integrated approach, maintaining multi-disciplinary
12. To report on counselling activities to line managers as required.
13. To support the placement counsellors in the development of their role
14. Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
15. Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.