Contract term: Permanent
Contract type: Term-time only + 1 day, 30 hours per week
Working hours are 08:15-15:15, with a 20 minute break & 40 minute lunch break
Scale: Grade 4, point 7-11 (£19,554-£21,166 FTE), pro rata starting salary of £14,015
This is a great opportunity to come and work in our highly rated secondary school in central Manchester. Our school was inspected by Ofsted in January 2014 and was judged to be ‘Outstanding’ in every category and ‘Outstanding’ for overall effectiveness. In 2017, our new Sixth Form was also judged ‘Outstanding’.
We are now looking to appoint a suitably qualified or experienced person to undertake the classroom supervision of students throughout the school on a daily basis in the absence of teaching staff and to assist, as required, with duties, invigilation and in-class support.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- The opportunity to join our Outstanding school of 1300 students aged 11-18, supported by a hugely talented, hard-working staff team;
- Excellent facilities in new and refurbished buildings;
- Enrolment in the Local Government Pension Scheme;
- Free parking and use of the school Fitness Suite;
- Twenty five days’ holiday, rising to thirty days after five years’ service;
- Childcare Voucher Scheme and Cycle to Work Scheme in operation;
- We are a socially inclusive and equal opportunities school and committed to and actively promote equal opportunities for all our students and staff.
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU:
- Experience and an understanding of safeguarding and child protection issues, or be willing to undertake training in these areas;
- Numeracy and literacy skills at least equivalent to RQF Level 2; good ICT skills are also desirable;
- Ideally have experience of working in an educational setting and have effective behaviour management skills;
- Be professional, flexible and innovative, with experience of undertaking a wide variety of duties and an ability to deal skilfully with unanticipated situations;
- Good communication skills with the ability to work well within a team, yet able to demonstrate an ability to work unsupervised utilising their own initiative;
- Well organised with an adaptable and positive approach to all aspects of the workload.
Please note that training will be provided on safeguarding and school specific IT applications.
The closing date for applications is 09:00am on Wednesday 20 November.
CVs will not be considered. For further details and to download an application pack, please visit www.trinityhigh.com
Trinity CE High School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The school operates a Safer Recruitment policy. The successful applicant will be subject to appropriate child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.