40 hours per week, 41 weeks per year (term time, plus 3 weeks)
Grade H6, SCP 14-19: Salary £22, 531.00 to £24,794.00
Inclusive of Fringe Allowance
Could you be an enthusiastic Cover Co-ordinator who would like to join a successful and popular 11-19 mixed secondary school that provides the highest quality education to all learners? If you believe that anyone can excel and that everyone deserves the best, then this is the job for you.
As a Cover Co-ordinator you will ensure that high quality cover is provided in the classroom through the in-house Cover team, and agency supply staff. You will work with the Subject Leaders to ensure that departments provide comprehensive cover work and instructions to Cover staff. You will ensure that effective use is made of the associated academy IT systems in relation to managing and recording cover and absence. You will work closely with the HR Manager to ensure that all safeguarding checks are in place for academy staff. This is an interesting post in which every day is different and personal initiative is required, as are good communication skills, effective planning and a proactive approach.
We can offer:
1. Professional development opportunities
2. Support and mentoring by a strong Senior Leadership Team and department heads
3. A full induction programme for new staff to the academy
4. An incentive package, which includes: complimentary gym membership, access to the cycle scheme, childcare vouchers and full use of an employee assistance programme
5. Promotion and career development within a multi academy trust setting (Meller Educational Trust)
6. The opportunity to work in our double award winning £30 million building with excellent facilities
7. A full programme of wellbeing and social activities as part of our commitment as an Investors in People (Health and Wellbeing Award) employer
If you would like to join an oversubscribed, forward thinking academy with a strong vision, and a team of staff and students who share the commitment to its success and are ‘Proud to Belong’ then, we would welcome your application.
Closing date: 9am Wednesday 3rd July 2019
Interviews: w/c 8th July 2019
The Bushey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.