We are looking for someone who has excellent organisational and communication skills to manage and deliver cover work for classes in the absence of a teacher.
The Cover Manager will have particular responsibility in managing the cover schedule, planning daily cover and liaising with teachers, members of the leadership team and external agencies.
You will be responsible for the management and efficient running of the daily teaching cover requirements ensuring that lesson and curriculum requirements are met and resources are deployed effectively. This is an important and key role in the school and excellent inter-personal skills are crucial and you must therefore be confident in liaising with staff at all levels.
Key tasks include:
- Deployment of the team of cover supervisors or supply staff to ensure all lessons are covered in the absence of a teacher
- Daily management of the team of cover supervisors
- Booking of daily supply staff through agencies, ensuring the schools safeguarding procedures are followed
- Arranging room requirements for examinations, revision sessions, ad-hoc events
- Co-ordination and planning of the school diary system to meet school requirements
- Logging and processing staff absence
- An understanding of the necessity for maintaining strict confidentiality
- Booking training courses
- Support for the main office on an ad-hoc basis.
As the Cover Manager’s duties are essential to a smooth start to the school day, the Postholder must be able to start at 7.30 a.m., finishing at 3.00 pm.
For further information for the above post please contact the school office on 020 8363 3030 or email email@example.com
Please download the Enfield Local Authority Application form from the TES and email to firstname.lastname@example.org - please note we do not accept CV's.
Information about the school can be found on www.enfieldcs.enfield.sch.uk
Closing date: Thursday, 20 June 2019 (noon)
Interviews: w/c 24 June 2019
Enfield County is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.