We are seeking a motivated person to join our Cover Supervisor Team. Cover Supervisors are responsible for the management of classes when the regular teacher is absent, ensuring that learning is taking place and all students are making progress. You will be required to oversee classes across the full range of subjects although individual strengths will be utilised where possible. When cover is not required Cover Supervisors support in a range of other activities such as development of teaching resources in individual curriculum areas, creating display boards across the school or assisting the SEN Department.
Flexibility in your approach, resilience, good listening and communication skills, having a positive attitude to young people and good organisational skills are required. Previous experience would be an advantage but not essential as training will be given.
Working as a cover supervisor is an excellent route into teaching and getting you used to the classroom environment. We welcome anyone who is interested in becoming a teacher either as a first career or a career change.
What we can offer you:
• Results at the national average and improving rapidly
• A well resourced department with strong SLT management
• Strong uptake at GCSE with a three year Key Stage
• Personalised, supportive CPD
• Support so that you can flourish and be the best you can possily be, whichever stage in your career
• Strong collegiate atmosphere
• Supportive and thorough induction programme for new staff and NQTS
• A primary school with discounted nursery provision for staff
• Outstanding specialist facilities in all rooms
• Strong SLT
• 5 minute walk to a direct rail link to London Marylebon (40 minutes)
• State of the art gym available for staff use
The Academy is at an exciting stage of development with a highly experienced Executive Principal. In Ofsted's visit, January 2019, the school was judged 'Good' in all areas for the first time in the academy's history.
Quotations from the recent Ofsted visit January 2019:
• "The executive principal's inspirational leadership has enabled a rapid improvement across all areas of the academy".
• "Outcomes have improved because of strong subject leadership".
• "The behaviour of pupils is good. There is an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect across the school. Pupils' conduct is calm and orderly".
• "Staff morale is high. They believe that leaders and governors take staff members' wellbeing and workload into account and they feel well supported by the school".
• "Staff new to the school feel very well supported by their more experienced colleagues and the packages of training and support on offer".
• "Comprehensive induction and training programmes offered by senior leaders and the link advisor ensure that they very quickly establish themselves in their posts".
• "Pupils show a well developed understanding and tolerance for others who are different from them. Tolerance and diversity are promoted well at Aylesbury Vale Academy".
Consequently, results are now at the national average for the first time in the Academy's history with a Progress 8 score of 0.02.
The school is improving at a rapid pace and this is a career defining opportunity for those who can play a pivotal role in enhancing the life chances of children and young people. The Academy, sponsored by the Diocese of Oxford, moved into new purpose built accommodation in September 2013 and is benefitting from state of the art facilities and teaching. Situated on the new Berryfields housing development, the Academy (with the primary phase) is set to increase its roll in the next few years. There are currently 1431 students on role including over 400 in the primary phase.
For further information contact Mrs E Perrin, EA to the Executive Principal at email@example.com or telephone 01296 428551.
Our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children will be reflected throughout the recruitment process and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.