Cover Supervisor and Office Administration
Start Date: September 2019
37 hours per week - Term Time Only
This post is ideal for those who are considering a career in teaching and are thinking of applying for a PGCE or School Direct course. No experience is necessary as appropriate training will be provided. The successful candidate should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, relate well to young people and possess Maths and English GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent).
Are you able to:
• Communicate effectively with a friendly and helpful disposition?
• Work calmly under pressure?
• Working between 8.30 am and 3.45 pm term time only.
• To supervise students in a class when a teacher is absent and assisting departments with all aspects of student progress
• Supporting teachers on visits and in lessons, invigilating examinations and support in curriculum areas
• To carry out office admin tasks using standard and school specific software packages
• To create a positive atmosphere and professional impression that reflects our core values and ethos
• Working in a small highly motivated team of colleagues
• The opportunity to gain further experience and career progression as the school is built, the intake grows and our infrastructure expands
Working as part of a team is a crucial aspect of the role within many different departments, so you must have a flexible attitude to react to different situations throughout the school day and the ability to use your own initiative within the learning environment.
For further details please see our website www.bohuntworthing.com or email the Headteacher’s PA Lisa Day at email@example.com.
Please read the Job Description, Letter to Applicants, School Information and Dress Code and complete the BSW Support Staff Application Form and Equality Monitoring Form. If you are interested in a part-time role please make this clear in your application.
Closing date: Noon Tuesday 9th July
Interview date: tbc
Start date: Sept 2019
Bohunt School Worthing is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any successful applicant will be requierd to undertake a Disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service at an Enhanced level.