32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Actual salary: £15,434
Permanent, Part Time
Inspire their remarkable with us
At Winton Community Academy, our students are diverse, exciting and talented – and the same is true of our staff. We put huge emphasis on professional development, most of it in-house, and are proud of the high number of good and outstanding teachers who work in our school. We are also noted for our ‘can do’ attitude. We are keen, always, to encourage new and/or young staff to make their mark as soon as they are ready.
We are proud to serve the communities around Andover in the centre of Hampshire, a short commute from Winchester, Salisbury and many picturesque Hampshire villages. Ofsted judged us as a ‘Good academy’ in January 2018 and with a new, passionate Principal, Helen Jones in place, we are looking to build upon our strengths and develop into a truly outstanding place to learn and teach.
We are looking to appoint a part time Cover Supervisor from 8.30am – 3.30pm to supervise whole classes during short-term absence of teachers. You will play a vital role by ensuring that students continue to learn and make good progress on the occasions when their teacher is away from their class.
You will have:
- A good understanding of school curriculum, age related expectations of learners, teaching methods and testing/assessment arrangements
- The natural ability to build strong relationships with staff and pupils and be committed to our academy and our vision.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 57 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time in the classroom.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
We warmly welcome visits to the Academy. To book an appointment or for an informal discussion with the Headteacher please call 01264 351822.
Closing date : 30th January 2022
Interviews will be arranged as and when convenient and we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Winton Community Academy is a rapidly improving 11-16 school situated in Andover in the centre of Hampshire, a short commute from Winchester, Salisbury and many picturesque Hamps...