We are recruiting for a talented and enthusiastic Cover Supervisor to join our supportive and friendly team from September.
The successful candidate will work as a Cover Supervisor and take charge of whole classes during the short-term absence of teachers. When not required to provide cover the post-holder will also be part of our Student Support provision offering learning support to our students and administration support to colleagues.
Applicants must possess a minimum of five GCSE passes at Grade C or equivalent including literacy and numeracy and have the ability to safely manage classroom activities and the physical learning space. It is essential that applicants have experience of individual work or group work with children and young people, ideally within a school setting.
Applications are invited from individuals who are currently either working as a Cover Supervisor or an exceptional and aspiring education professional who is ready to take the next step in their career.
The successful candidate must demonstrate:
- Experience of individual work or group work with children, young people and families;
- An understanding of child and family dynamics and child development;
- Knowledge of national curriculum and other learning programmes;
- A flexible and engaging approach, inspiring students to achieve their very best;
- Ability to manage safely classroom activities and the physical learning space.
In return, the successful candidate can expect:
- Outstanding professional support;
- A vibrant and dynamic student body that deserves the very best in teaching and support;
- Free on-site parking;
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
If you would like to be a part of this successful and thriving school and are a suitably qualified and highly motivated individual, we would like to hear from you. For an open conversation about the role and/or to arrange a visit prior to application, please contact the Headmistress' PA, Mrs Gormley, on 01225 838200 to arrange a suitable time.
Further information can also be found on our website at: http://www.st-gregorys.org.uk/2019/06/cover-supervisor-3/
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We follow safer recruitment practices and appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check. Details of our Child Protection Policy can be found on our website at www.st-gregorys.org.uk/useful-information/key-documents.